This vegan vanilla milkshake recipe will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth! And you can have it guilt-free to as it contains no refined sugars and is a much healthier option than most vanilla milkshakes out there. And guess what? This recipe only uses four ingredients while taking only about five minutes to create.
Why you’ll love this vegan vanilla milkshake recipe:
- It creates a super-creamy and rich milkshake that’s also light and healthy – although you may not believe that based on taste alone.
- This recipe hides nutritional value unlike most. You likely wouldn’t even know banana or cauliflower were ingredients in this recipe if you were to taste it! It’s overwhelmingly vanilla flavored, but the banana and cauliflower combine for an awesome ice cream-like creamy texture.
- This vanilla milkshake is a great source of carbs (28 grams) and fiber (5 grams). It contains a surprisingly low number of calories at just over 250.
- This recipe is super easy to make – you just combine the ingredients in a blender!
How to make this vanilla milkshake perfect:
- Switch up the flavors: This recipe can easily be modified to different flavors: chocolate, strawberry and even peanut butter!
- Use a frozen banana: The frozen banana acts as a base in this recipe – but it doesn’t create a strong banana flavor (so, don’t worry about that!). The frozen banana helps create the creaminess of the milkshake.
- Protein powder it up: You can add a half scoop to a scoop of protein powder to this vanilla milkshake if you really want to boost your protein intake. A scoop of protein powder typically adds about 20 grams of protein. Without additional protein, this milkshake will naturally have about 3 grams.
- Stevia or sugar, your choice: If you prefer, you can use sugar to sweeten this recipe instead of stevia. I opted for stevia to keep this recipe sugar-free, but either option will work just fine.
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Blueberry smoothie with spinach recipe: This blueberry smoothie is loaded with superfoods and high in antioxidants.
Peanut butter cookie recipe: These soft and chewy peanut butter cookies are sure to become one of your favorite desserts.
Vanilla milkshake recipe: The creamiest, richest, most delicious milkshake you can make.
Vegan Vanilla Milkshake Recipe
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, steamed then frozen
- 2 ripe frozen bananas, cut into 1 inch chunk
- 1 packet of stevia
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- In a blender, combine the cauliflower, bananas, packet of stevia, coconut milk and salt until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over low-medium heat. Then add 1/4 cup water.
- Place a small bowl containing 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on top of the water. Add vegetable oil and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Rim glass with the melted chocolate and add sprinkles, if desired.
- Pour the blended mixture into your glasses and top with shredded chocolate, if desired.