All plant eating pizza lovers HAVE to try this vegan zucchini pizza bars recipe. It is simply the best twist on plant-based pizza I’ve ever tried. And they’re a super-versatile food option that’s perfect for lunch, dinner or as a snack, appetizer or party food. They’re also versatile in the sense that you are only limited by your imagination when making these zucchini pizza bars… Just like your favorite actual pizza, you can top them with whatever you’d like!
What you’ll love about this vegan zucchini pizza bars recipe:
- They’re sure to be a hit for the entire family because… Who doesn’t LOVE pizza, right? Kids and meat-eaters are sure to give these pizza bars a shot and I’m fairly confident they’ll come back for more.
- These zucchini pizza bars are fairly easy to make and take just 25 minutes of cook time while using a wide variety of fresh ingredients.
- They are perfect for any occasion. Make them for lunch or dinner, or use them as a snack or appetizer. You can even make them for your next party.
How to make these zucchini pizza bars perfect:
- Use fresh vegetables to ensure the most flavorful recipe. This is the perfect recipe to grab the ingredients from a local farmers market if your community has one.
- Use your favorite ingredients. As I said earlier, this recipe is super flexible, just like any other pizza. If you’re not a big fan of onions or bell peppers… just swap them out for a vegetable you love! The only ingredient you truly need for this recipe is… the zucchini.
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Burrito bowls recipe: What’s better than a burrito bowl? A homemade burrito bowl recipe that’s perfect for meal prepping. These burrito bowls stay good for up to three days in the refrigerator!
Tofu wraps recipe: These tofu wraps take just 30 minutes to prepare and are loaded with a variety of nutrients.
Oyster mushrooms recipe: Oyster mushrooms are the perfect substitute for meat. This satay recipe is both savory and flavor packed!
Veggie tacos recipe: Looking for a recipe for your next taco Tuesday? Give this flexible, flavorful recipe a shot!
Vegan Zucchini Pizza Bars Recipe
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 oz champignon mushroom, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oz water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Coat a skillet with the olive oil over low-medium heat. Add the minced garlic, onion and tomato.
- Add water, tomato paste, maple syrup, salt, pepper and oregano flakes. Continue to stir until combined. The water should evaporate and thicken the mixture.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet lined with foil and top with the previously created sauce.
- Top with red bell peppers, green bell peppers, champignon mushroom, shredded vegan mozzarella.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove and serve.