This vegan vietnamese spring rolls recipe is perfect for creating rolls that are so, so fresh. Centered around the natural flavors of fresh veggies, these rolls deliver on flavor. The rolls are also incredibly light, yet filling. When you roll these spring rolls tight and notice the colorful combination of the rolls – you’ll know you’ve definitely just cooked a very healthy meal!
Why you’ll love this vegan vietnamese spring rolls recipe:
- If you haven’t made spring rolls before, you’ll likely be pleasantly surprised by just how easy they are to make. This recipe takes just only about 20 minutes to prep and another 20 minutes to cook. And, it produces six spring rolls.
- This is a recipe that’s great for any occasion. You can use it as an appetizer, an entrée or even a finger food at your next party. Because spring rolls pack up so nicely, they’re perfect for preparing in advance and taking on the go, as they can stay refrigerated for a few days without any issues.
How to make these vietnamese spring rolls perfect:
- Use your favorite ingredients: I opted to use zucchini, carrot, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes and champignon mushroom for these spring rolls. But you can adjust this recipe to you any veggies you’d like. A few alternatives that I’d recommend are peppers, cucumbers, jalapeno and cilantro. You could even toss in rice noodles or tofu if you’d like!
- Roll the spring rolls as tight as you can: Rolling the spring rolls as tight as possible will help them keep their shape and will also help to avoid them falling apart if you dip them in sauce.
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Oyster mushroom recipe: This is a very savory recipe that really shows off what a tasty, versatile vegetable oyster mushrooms are.
Tofu wraps recipe: Tofu, onion, spinach, lettuce and red peppers together in one delicious wrap that you’ll definitely enjoy.
Vegan Vietnamese Spring Rolls Recipe
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 2 oz red cabbage
- 1 oz lettuce
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz champignon mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare the vegetables by slicing the zucchini and carrot, shredding the cabbage and lettuce, halving the tomatoes and chopping the mushrooms.
- Coat a skillet with olive oil over low-medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Flip as necessary to cook evenly.
- Fill a medium bowl with room temperature water and soak the sheets of rice paper individually.
- Place the rice paper on a cutting board after soaking. Fill the center of the rice paper with mushrooms, tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, zucchini and carrot leaving room around the edges to wrap.
- Once filled, wrap the spring roll and repeat the process for the remaining sheets.
- In a small serving dish, create the sauce by combining the mustard, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Serve the spring rolls with sauce.