Tacos are always a great go-to option for a quick and easy lunch or dinner option. And this vegan veggie tacos recipe is one of my absolute favorites. There’s nothing that’s difficult or time consuming about this recipe – it’s VERY easy to make. So, this is a great option for chef’s of all skill levels as I don’t think it’s even possible to mess it up.
Why you’ll love this vegan veggie tacos recipe:
- There’s no heavy lifting: Technically, these recipes will take about 30 to 35 minutes to make. But about 20 minutes will be bake time. This recipe only requires a bit of chopping and mixing, so it’s very easy to do and low on manual labor scale.
- It’ll spice up your Taco Tuesday: Topping these tacos with paprika and chili powder will add a little spice to your next taco Tuesday. If you like a mild to medium heat, then these tacos are for you!
- These tacos are flexible: As I said before, these tacos a highly flexible. If you see an ingredient you hate, or want to try one you love, DO IT! This recipe was designed for modifications because we all have our own taco preferences, right?
How to make these veggie tacos perfect:
- Use the ingredients you love: This is a recipe that is perfect for making your own. You don’t have to follow the ingredient list to the letter. It’s also perfect for clearing out your pantry and using up those ingredients that have been hanging around for a while – or are about to go bad in the fridge. If you have those types of foods lying around just waiting to be used, or if you have an ingredient that you LOVE, try tossing it on these veggie tacos. I’ve yet to find an ingredient that ruined this recipe!
- Toss in some additional protein: To really supercharge this recipe, considering adding in a good source of protein. A few good options I’ve enjoyed in the past are black beans, tempeh and lentils.
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Burrito bowls recipe: If you like Mexican food, you’ll love these burrito bowls! They’re quick and easy to make and will rival any bowl Chipotle makes!
Pasta salad recipe: This recipe is perfect to meal prep because it stays good in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Tofu wraps recipe: These vegan tofu wraps are an amazing option for a relatively quick, tasty lunch or dinner recipe.
BBQ tofu bowls recipe: In this recipe, we incorporate BBQ sauce into the classic tofu bowl for the perfect blend of flavor.
Vegan Veggie Tacos Recipe
- 1 medium cauliflower head, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 thinly sliced radishes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- small tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Prepare the cauliflower by chopping the into bite sized florets. Chop the yellow and green onions and the cilantro.
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, yellow onion, olive oil, smoked paprika, chili powder, 1/2 tsp chipotle powder and salt. Place the mixture on a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the cauliflower reaches your desired crispiness.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, lime juice, mayonnaise and 1/2 tsp chipotle powder.
- Spread an even amount of the shredded cabbage mixture onto one half of the tortilla. Top with cauliflower, green onions, cilantro and radishes as desired.
- Fold the tortillas in half and serve.