This hearty vegan stuffed pepper soup recipe is perfect for warming up in those chilly fall and winter months. And the best part is, this recipe is very, very easy to make. It’s just a bit of chopping, then the stove top does the rest! Needless to say, it’s perfect for those times you want a warm, homemade meal but don’t want to spend a lot of time actually cooking.
Why you’ll love this vegan stuffed pepper soup recipe:
- I don’t know how to really explain this, but this is one of those recipes where you make it and you know that these ingredients are just meant to be together. The onions, red peppers, crushed tomatoes, lentils and brown rice come together perfectly to create an incredibly delicious soup. You’ll know what I mean when you taste it!
- This recipe is very easy to make. As I stated previously, it really only requires a tiny bit of actual work – chopping some of the ingredients. For the most part, the stovetop does the heavy lifting.
- It will yield around 5 bowls of soup (depending on your portion size). So, you can use the additional servings for meal prepping, if desired. The soup should stay good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, just store it in an airtight container (I recommend mason jars!).
- This stuffed pepper soup is a great source of protein (11 grams) and fiber (13 grams) and is just over 200 calories per serving.
How to make this stuffed pepper soup recipe perfect:
- Make it yours: This recipe is somewhat flexible. You can use different types of rice or peppers if you prefer for this recipe.
- Use the right about of broth: If you’re planning to use this recipe for meal prepping, keep in mind that the rice will absorb the liquid in the soup while refrigerating. It’s a good idea to add more broth to create a more liquid soup if you intend to refrigerate it.
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Chickpea salad sandwich recipe: This is another quick and easy recipe that’s high in protein and fiber content. It takes just 10 to 15 minutes to put these sandwiches together.
Veggie tacos recipe: A flexible taco recipe that’s easy to make and perfect to try out new ingredients (or empty out your pantry).
Zucchini pizza bars recipe: If you love pizza, you’ll love this take on healthier pizza. This recipe is sure to bring everyone to the dinner table or to be the hit at your next party.
Veggie wraps recipe: An easy veggie wrap recipe that’s easy to make and to tailor to your taste.
Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 34 oz vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley to top
- Chop the onion, garlic cloves, and red peppers.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Mix in the onion and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper. Cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low and let cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from pot and serve. Or place equal portions into meal prep containers and refrigerate.