This vegan pasta salad recipe is a really a do-it-all kind of meal. It’s the perfect option for meal preppers or for taking to your next potluck or BBQ. Why? Because it can easily be made ahead of a time and will stay good in the refrigerator for at least five days. Plus, it takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook and combine these simple ingredients into a bowl of deliciousness.
What you’ll love about this vegan pasta salad recipe:
- It’s the perfect option for just about any occasion. Potluck? Check! Picnic? Check! BBQ? Check! Super bowl party? Check! Meal prep? Check! The list goes on and on…
- This recipe requires only about 10 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes of cook time – on the stovetop. It’s quick and easy to make!
- This salad is flavor-packed on all levels. Whole wheat pasta and black beans provide a nutritious foundation with a nice mix of flavor and texture. Topping with tomatoes, bell peppers and red onions really amps up the flavor profile. But the perfect combination of lemon juice, tahini dressing, parsley and ground cumin really elevate the flavor of this dish!
How to make this pasta salad perfect:
- Make this recipe your own: I prefer to use whole wheat pasta in this recipe but any pasta will do just fine – so, be sure to substitute in your favorite pasta for this one. The same goes for veggies. I use tomatoes, bell peppers and red onions – but if these aren’t your favorites, you can easily swap them out for the veggies you love. I recommend zucchini, cucumber, broccoli and carrots for this recipe, if you’re looking for alternative veggie options! To add a bit more flexibility, the dressing can also be swapped out with any of your choice.
- Refrigerate the leftovers: This recipe makes four servings. The leftovers can be used for additional meals throughout the week as they’ll stay good for at least five days in the refrigerator. Be sure to refrigerate them in an airtight container. I would definitely recommend adding the dressing immediately before serving instead of putting it on the salad before refrigeration.
- Consider storing this salad in mason jars: If you’re really in a hurry, I’ve found that mason jars are the ideal storage option for almost any salad. You can add the dressing to the bottom, then add the ingredients on top. Just remember to put the ingredients that are most likely to get soggy on top. Then, when you’re ready to eat, just grab a fork and shake the jar!
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Burrito bowls recipe: This savory burrito recipe is better than your favorite meal at Chipotle!
Tofu wraps recipe: If you have just 30 minutes to spare, you should definitely use it to whip up these nutrition packed taco wraps.
Veggie tacos recipe: This flexible recipe is perfect for beginners. It’s impossible to mess up these simple, but delicious tacos.
Oyster mushroom recipe: Oyster mushrooms are all the rage these days… This tasty, meat-like texture is the perfect ingredient to cook with!
Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 3/4 cup black beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, canned and cooked
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- hot sauce as desired
- Prepare the black beans, pasta and corn as described on the product packaging.
- In a small bowl, prepare the sauce by combining the tahini, lemon juice, ground cumin and hot sauce.
- Dice the tomatoes and red bell pepper. Chop the onion and parsley.
- In a bowl, combine the black beans, pasta, corn, tomatoes, red bell pepper, onion and parsley.
- Place the mixture in a bowl or meal prep containers. Use the sauce as desired. The taco salad will last 3-4 days in a sealed container if refrigerated.