Overnight oats are one of the healthiest and easiest breakfasts that you can make! Seriously – they take just five minutes to prepare. They’re meant for batching and great for meal prepping. Each serving consists of a large amount of protein (14.7 grams) and fiber (10.1 grams). Giving the taste, simplicity and nutritional value of this vegan overnight oats recipe, I’m willing to bet it will quickly become one of your favorites!
What you’ll love about this vegan overnight oats recipe:
- It’s a go-to grab-and-go breakfast option for the busy vegan. I highly recommend whipping up a batch of these each week and keeping them in the fridge. That will give you an easy (and healthy) breakfast (or snack) option every day. These overnight oats will stay good in the refrigerator for five days. Just make sure you store them in a sealed, airtight container.
- This recipe is quick and easy. It makes one serving, but you can easily make five servings of these overnight oats by only adding a minimal amount of prep time. It truly is as easy as combining the ingredients, refrigerating them and eagerly waiting.
How to make these overnight oats perfect:
- Be sure to use rolled oats: You’ll definitely want to use rolled oats for this recipe. Other oats, like quick oats, will ruin the consistency of any overnight oats recipe.
- Use a plant-based milk of your choice: In this recipe, we opt for soy milk… but any plant-based milk will work with this recipe, so be sure to use your favorite! Different milks will slightly change the flavor, so this is a great recipe to experiment with.
- Any nut butter will do: Like the plant-based milk, you can also swap out the almond butter in the recipe for any other nut butter – such as peanut butter or cashew butter. These butters will also change the flavor a bit – so definitely experiment with this recipe to find your favorite blend.
- Pick your favorite toppings: This recipe is ideal for topping with fresh fruit of your choice – I recommend blueberries, strawberries or nuts. Give your favorite topping a shot and let me know how it turns out!
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Baked oatmeal bars recipe: A great make-ahead breakfast recipe that is perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or a healthy snack.
Chickpea scramble recipe: A high-protein breakfast option that’s ideal for those slow mornings.
Chocolate chia pudding recipe: This healthy pudding recipe tastes like dessert but is the perfect high-protein breakfast.
Banana oats pancakes recipe: These pancakes are a savory option that will bring everyone to the breakfast table.
Vegan Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- fresh fruits as desired
- In a glass, combine the soy milk, chia seeds, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon, then stir.
- Add the rolled oats and mix.
- Place a lid on the cup and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and top with fresh fruits as desired.