This vegan mediterranean quinoa pasta salad recipe features a color that will jump out of the bowl, while jam-packed with nutritional value and flavor! There is just something about the way this recipe looks (and tastes) that always seems to make it disappear from the table before any other food at family dinners or potlucks.
Why you’ll love this vegan mediterranean quinoa pasta salad recipe:
- This quinoa pasta salad is an ideal meal prep or make ahead option – it stores very, very well in the refrigerator! In an airtight container, this quinoa salad will stay good for up to five days. But if you plan to store this salad for a few days, I would recommend adding a bit more dressing to avoid it potentially drying out.
- There’s no need to heat up, or reheat, this pasta salad – since pasta salads are generally consumed chilled. You can take this recipe virtually anywhere to enjoy it.
- This is an all-around solid meal that’s perfect for any diet. It has roughly 14 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber and 60 grams of carbs while only consisting of about 390 calories.
How to make this mediterranean quinoa pasta salad perfect:
- Main dish or side dish: This recipe can be used as your featured main dish, or as a side dish for other meals. It pairs perfectly with wraps and sandwiches.
- Add more ingredients: There are seemingly endless ingredients that you can add to this recipe. Some great options include pickles, avocado, corn, peas, and asparagus.
- Let it rest before serving: If you keep this quinoa pasta salad in the refrigerator, try to let it rest for about 30 minutes or so at room temperature before serving. This will let the flavors come to life before you consume it – put the pasta salad will remain chilled.
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Pasta salad recipe: Another pasta salad that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser! This pasta salad features black beans, bell peppers, red onion and whole wheat pasta.
Burrito bowls recipe: A flexible recipe that perfectly blends natural flavors, textures and gets an added kick from a tasty combination of herbs.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich Recipe: This quick and easy to make sandwich is loaded with protein.
Vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup macaroni pasta
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup black olive rings
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can artichoke hearts in brine, drained
- 1 cup yogurt dressing
- Cook and drain the macaroni pasta, quinoa and chickpeas as described on the product packaging.
- Dice the red onion and yellow pepper, cube the cucumber and halve the tomatoes.
- Ina bowl, combine the pasta, quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes, black olives, cucumber, red onion, yellow pepper and artichoke hearts then combine.
- Mix in the yogurt dressing.
- Place the salad in bowls for immediate serving or into meal prep containers and refrigerate.