First off, I’ll admit, this isn’t the most effortless recipe that you’ll find on this site. But if you’re looking for a homemade pizza recipe and are willing to put in a little bit of work, then this vegan tropical pizza recipe is for you. It’s flexible, it’s tasty and it’s truly a meal that can bring together a family for dinner time (even if you have picky eaters in the house).
Why you’ll love this vegan tropical pizza recipe:
- Let’s start with the obvious: IT’S PIZZA! Who doesn’t love that?
- This pizza recipe is flexible, you can top it with whatever you want. I chose to go with pineapple, bell peppers and portobello mushrooms – which I highly recommend.
- This recipe makes four personal-style pizzas. It’s perfect for a bringing the entire family together since everyone can make their own pizzas and choose their own toppings.
How to make this tropical pizza perfect:
- Choose your own toppings: Perhaps the only problem with making pizza is that there are so many options for toppings. And I don’t think I’ve found one yet that wasn’t good!
- Save time: In this recipe, I use a homemade pizza crust. If you want to save time, or just don’t enjoy baking bread, you can definitely opt to purchase vegan-friendly pizza crust. This will greatly reduce the amount of time you spend on this recipe – although majority of the time is just waiting for the bread to rise.
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Zucchini bars pizza recipe: This vegan-friendly twist on pizza is a great finger food option for get togethers.
Oyster mushroom recipe: This satay recipe is a savory dinner option that takes advantage of delicious oyster mushrooms.
Panini recipe: When you’re in need a quick and easy lunch or dinner option, this panini recipe is sure to hit the spot.
Vegan Tropical Pizza Recipe
- 3/4 tsp active yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 16 oz high protein flour
- 4 oz wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp sugar
- 1 pineapple
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 10 cups marinara sauce
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast and warm water. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine high protein flour, wheat flour, salt and sugar.
- Add mixed yeast to the bowl and combine.
- Use your hands to mix then let rise for 1 hour.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Roll each piece into a ball. Let rise for 3-4 hours until the balls double in size.
- After 3-4 hours have passed, chop the pineapple, bell peppers and portobello mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- On a cutting board, roll each ball over flour until thin.
- Spread marinara sauce on the crust. Top with cheese, pineapple, bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Place the pizzas in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove and serve.