I have to say that this vegan one pan quinoa recipe is one of my favorite recipes to make – simply because it’s so, so easy to do and yet so tasty and nutritious. This recipe perfectly combines quinoa, black beans, onions, bell peppers, diced tomatoes and corn for a flavorful punch. Tossing in minced garlic, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and the juice of a lime pack in even more flavor and creates a perfect blend that your taste buds are sure to love.
Why you’ll love this vegan one pan quinoa recipe:
- As previously mentioned, this recipe is super-duper simple to make! It’s only five ingredients and requires no real work to make. Pretty awesome, right?!
- This quinoa doesn’t make much of a mess – since it’s a one pan recipe. There’s no cutting boards or mixing bowls to wash when you’re done. There’s just one pot!
- This recipe is really well balanced and perfect for all diets: it has approximately 14 grams of protein, 57 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fats and 9 grams of fiber.
How to make this one pan quinoa perfect:
- Don’t let the quinoa dry out: Most of the liquid in the recipe comes from the can of tomatoes. Water is necessary to ensure that the quinoa doesn’t dry out while cooking. However, the amount of water that’s necessary depending on how much liquid is in your can of tomatoes. Keep and eye on the moisture in your skillet – you may need to splash some additional water in to ensure it doesn’t dry out.
- Consider using vegetable broth: Cooking the quinoa in vegetable broth instead of water will add even more flavor to this recipe.
- Go heavy on the toppings: The toppings are what will make or break this one pan quinoa recipe. Don’t skimp on them!
- Be sure to stir the pot: Stirring the pot every three or four minutes while cooking will make sure that nothing sticks to the pot or burns.
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Mediterranean Quinoa Pasta Salad Recipe: Use this recipe to easily meal prep tasty lunches or dinners for the entire week.
Vegan Vietnamese Spring Rolls Recipe: Roll up your favorite veggies and enjoy their natural, healthy deliciousness.
Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe: If you’re looking for a ton of flavor but not a ton of calories, try this kimchi fried rice.
Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe: This is the perfect recipe for those time you want a healthy, homecooked meal but don’t want to do much cooking.
Vegan One Pan Quinoa Recipe
- 1 red onion
- 2 bell peppers
- fresh parsley
- 2 green onions
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 15 oz canned black beans
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, if desired
- Coat one large pot with oil.
- Add the red onion, minced garlic, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, frozen corn, black beans, quinoa, vegetable broth, cumin and paprika.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat, stirring periodically to avoid burning or sticking
- Mix in the lime juice, green onions, parsley, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and serve!