We’ve probably all experienced a time when we thought french toast would hit the spot, right? It is one of the most wholesome choices out there for breakfast, or better yet, brunch! This recipe will surely make anyone think it will come from a restaurant. The slices of broad are think with crispy edges and softer center. Topping it with sweet blueberry compote and maple syrup makes this vegan blueberry french toast recipe truly spectacular.
Why you’ll love this vegan blueberry french toast recipe:
- This is probably the fluffiest french toast that you will ever taste. I’m almost shocked that literally anybody is able to make this quick, delicious recipe that’s restaurant quality in their own kitchen.
- This is a recipe that your whole family will love, seriously. I almost feel bad listing this recipe as “vegan” because I know there are people out there who are going to miss out on it simply because they have negative connotations of veganism! If you’re a meat-eater reading this – make this blueberry french toast! You won’t be sorry.
- Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, this recipe is a good source of protein with 15 grams per serving.
How to make this blueberry french toast perfect:
- Use vegan brioche bread: While this recipe can technically be made with any type of bread, I highly recommend using vegan brioche bread. It’ll be even better if you use freshly baked brioche bread, made within the last 24-48 hours. And if you slice the bread yourself, aim for about 1” of thickness per slice.
- Go heavy on the blueberries: Let’s be honest… the blueberries are the key when it comes to a killer blueberry french toast. Its better to go heavy than to go light with the blueberry compote!
Other vegan recipes you may enjoy:
Chocolate chia pudding recipe: An easy meal prep recipe that’s high in protein and fiber and great for weight loss.
Banana oat muffins recipe: This recipe is great for large families or for batching many breakfasts as it yields 15 muffins, perfect to grab-and-go every morning!
Buckwheat crepes recipe: These crepes are super flexible (you can fill them with anything you want) and are sure to become a go-to your whole family will enjoy.
Vegan Blueberry French Toast Recipe
- In a bowl, whisk together the chia eggs, ground cinnamon, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, agave syrup and almond milk. Set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Ina frying pan, over low-medium heat, combine the blueberries, lemon juice, organic cane sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla extract and water.
- Ina small bowl, combine the arrowroot starch and 1 tbsp of warm water. Pour the mixture into the frying pan. Continue cooking until the liquid is considerably reduced, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Dip both sides one piece of bread in the first bowl (in step one) and place it on a clean frying pan. Cook each side until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Cover the bread with the blueberry mixture and serve.