Muffins are always a good choice for meal-planners and those who are looking for a grab-and-go option on those busy mornings! And this vegan banana oat muffins recipe is loaded with healthy ingredients like oat flour, bananas and almond milk. But while this banana oat muffins only use common ingredients; they still pack a powerful taste!
Here’s why you’ll love this vegan banana oatmeal muffins recipe:
- This recipe calls for common ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry: oats, baking powder, baking soda, apple sauce, vanilla and bananas.
- These muffins are gluten-free! It’s a great option for anyone who wants to enjoy the benefits of a gluten-free diet like increased energy levels or eliminating bloating, and for those who suffer from celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- Freeze now, eat later! These muffins are freezer-safe up to approximately two months. Just thaw the muffins overnight in the fridge before consuming. Otherwise, you can keep the muffins in the fridge in an air-tight container, and they’ll stay good for up to one week. Either way, these muffins are a perfect grab-and-go option.
- These muffins are beginner-friendly and even kid-friendly! You don’t have to be an expert baker to blend and combine simple ingredients, which makes these muffins an ideal choice for anyone who is new to baking or just looking for any ‘easy’ recipe. It’s also a great way to get your kid’s involved if they’re interested in baking.
Vegan banana bread recipe notes:
- Use a large bowl: You’re going to want to make sure your bowl is large enough to ensure you have plenty of room to combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Consider using a non-stick muffin pan: These muffins aren’t oily and may stick to muffin cups. Using a non-stick muffin pan is a safer choice here.
- Try mini-muffins: You can use this recipe to make mini banana oat muffins, just remember to reduce the cook time to around 15 minutes, instead of 20 to 25.
- Give them the toothpick test: In most cases, these muffins will cook to perfection within 20 to 25 minutes (depending on your oven and the placement within it). To ensure the muffins are cooked perfectly, stick a toothpick in the middle and remove it… if it comes out clean, they’re ready!
- Blending oats into oat flour: When you blend oats into oat flour, there won’t be much of a reduction. If you blend one cup of oats, you’ll only lose about one tablespoon as it’s converted to oat flour.
Vegan Banana Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 large banana
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup less refined sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 cups oat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, less refined sugar and cinnamon.
- In a second bowl, mash the banana. Add the apple sauce, almond milk, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the second mixture into the first bowl then combine.
- Mix in the crushed walnuts.
- Add the mixture to a greased or lined muffin pan, then bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick can be entered into the center of a muffin and removed cleanly.
- Top with oats as desired, then serve.